95% of the adult population has had some episode of temporary sleeplessness in their lives. Chronic forms of insomnia (lasting at least 6 months) only affect between 8% and 18% of individuals. While it is a popular concern,just 5 percent visit their doctor. It is very important to Identifying Your Sleeping Disorder: Narcolepsy
Common causes for insomnia
Inadequate sleep hygiene (napping,drinking caffeine and / or alcohol,intense physical activity before bed,irregular bedtime / waking times,keeping several hours in bed,engaging in intellectual activities before sleeping,etc.).
Chronic disorders (rheumatic disorders,fibromyalgia,COPD,asthma,heart failure,gastroesophageal reflux,gastric / duodenal ulcer) with discomfort or shortness of breath.
Diseases (sleep apnea syndrome,restless legs syndrome,periodic leg movements,etc.) that occur during sleep.
Medications (stimulants,antidepressants,hypnotics,or blocking sedatives).
Irregular pattern of sleep,rotating schedules for work.
Idiopathic (without obvious cause).
Pseudoinsomnia (the patient complains that while sleep tests show no anomalies,they do not sleep well).
Is it a common problem?
Visit https://bedroom.solutions/identifying-sleeping-disorder-narcolepsy/ for more information.
Who is most at risk for insomnia?
- Those with disorders of the digestive,respiratory and cardiovascular systems.The nervous and depressed.
- The sedentary.
- Those living a stressful lifestyle.
- Those with inconsistent bedtime and wake-up hours.
- Those who drink alcohol before sleeping.
- The smokers.
- Anyone drinking caffeine.
What are the effects of insomnia on my health?
- Feeling of tiredness,exhaustion or lack of energy.
- Greater likelihood of anxiety,depression and stress.
- Lower quality of living.
- Greater risk of injuries in traffic and / or work.
- Neuro-cognitive dysfunction (memory loss,concentration and learning disorders).
- Who can I contact if I have insomnia An appointment should be made to the office of Sleep Medicine or Sleep Disorders
You can read more about Narcolepsy on https://edition.cnn.com/2015/09/25/health/narcolepsy-homer-simpson/index.html
How are insomnia patients studied?
- The first phase consists of a clinical history and a quali-quantitative examination of sleep disorders using specially constructed questionnaires. Another science that is used is actigraphy and polysomnography.
How is insomnia treated?
The first thing is to consider the factors that are causing it. There are general interventions which can be extended to all insomnia patients. Such are the so-called healthy sleep guidelines,which include:
General measures to get a good night’s sleep
- Reduce Amerisleep twin XL adjustable bedtime (if you wake up and can’t go back to bed,get up and don’t stay in bed).
- Avoid naps,cigarettes,alcohol,and coffee.
- Stop exercising strenuously after bedtime.
- Two hours before bedtime,stop intellectual activity.
- Get up and change places if you can not get to sleep. Go back to Leggett and Platt california king adjustable bedjust when you’re tired.
- Stop taking big meals during the night.